Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/myautotips/myautotips.com/plugins/content/yoo_gallery.php on line 77
One thing that can cause damage to your car or truck that you have no control over is the weather. Both the exterior and interior of cars can be severely damaged if exposed to the sun for too long. The damage from sun and heat impacts not only the paint, but also the dashboard, seats and carpet, potentially reducing the resale value of your car by thousands. Salt and de-icing chemicals used on roads in the winter can cause major damage to your car's clear coat finish, promote rust, and also affect your vehicle's mechanics. In addition, some car care experts believe acid rain damages your vehicle's exterior. You can't control the weather, but you can prepare your vehicle for the season and protect it against the elements if you follow the seasonal car care tips outlined below.
- Guard against the effects of the seasons by purchasing car paint sealants. Pebbles and small rocks become large nuisances coming out of the winter freeze/thaw cycle. These problems are expected to persist longer than normal as the outlays for road repairs are cut due to state budget crises. In addition, localties are reducing spending on street sweeping thus leaving debris on the road longer and in larger quantities. You can from ProperAutoCare.com. Get great car care products, at great prices, with these money saving car care kits from ProperAutoCare.com
- Preserve the condition of the floor of your car or truck by equipping it with floor mats. Winters in colder climates can destroy the carpet or floor mats of your vehicle. Moisture and de-icing chemicals get trapped in the floor mats and carpet, quickly destroying them. AutoAnything's floor mats have deeply sculpted channels designed to trap water, road salt, mud and sand. They also have anti-skid ridges to prevent shifting in your vehicle and come with a protective, non-stick finish to make cleanup quick and easy. Many of their front floor mats are vehicle specific, and are offered in a variety of colors. Save up to 35% off list on Floor Mats & get Free Shipping on top brands like Husky Liners, CatchAll, Hexomat and more!
- If you live in an especially sunny climate it is recommended you purchase a vehicle cover to protect your car or truck from the sun. The sun will not only damage the exterior of your car, but also the interior, cracking and splitting the dashboard and leather or cloth upholstery. AutoAnything.com has a fantastic selection of car covers. Save up to 54% off list on Car Covers for all climates & get Free Shipping! *restrictions apply If vehicle covers aren't a viable option you might want to consider seat covers or windshield shades. You can protect your vehicle's interior with a high quality auto sun shade from Autogeek.net!
- Today’s all-season tires are adequate for the winter months, but if you want the best traction it is recommended you purchase winter tires. If you live in a snowy part of the United States probably your primary concern when driving during winter is getting stuck in the snow. The Tire Rack provides a wide selection of winter tires at affordable prices. They will ship the tires you order directly to a recommended installer in your area. You then call the installer and set up an appointment to have the tires installed.
- Another great winter service is the PhantomAlert system that allows you to check road conditions with LIVE traffic camera views. You can download PhantomAlert directly to your smart phone or GPS. Don't get caught in a stormy winter commute! Purchase PhantomAlert and check the road conditions without stepping outside!
- Whether or not you purchase winter tires you will still want to protect your tires from the elements. Liberal use of a high-quality tire dressing keeps them looking good during the harshest weather, and provides a barrier to the elements and to the ozone that can cause rubber to deteriorate. Tire gels are a good solution in winter, as they last longer. If you live in a region that gets snow and ice, another easy tip for winter car protection is to spray tire dressing in the wheel wells to prevent buildup of snow, ice and road salt. Any inexpensive silicone spray dressing will work. Autogeek.net is a great source for tire gels and sprays.
Always travel with an emergency kit. It is recommended your kit contain the following items: Cat litter or sand for tire traction on snow and ice, shovel to scrape snow away from tires, ice scraper to clear windshield, warm clothes gloves, a hat, sturdy boots, warm jacket and even a change of clothes, blankets to keep warm inside the vehicle, flashlights and extra batteries for increased visibility, first aid kit, food containing protein such as nuts and energy bars, canned fruit and a portable can opener, bottled water, and an AM/FM radio to listen to traffic reports and emergency messages.